MedArmeniaPhilanthropy, Inc. is a non-profit organization (501c3) that was established in 2019. Our EIN # 83-3391291.
To provide medical assistance to underserved population of Armenia in variety of ways: supplies, physician presence, renovation/ building of medical clinics, providing scholarships for talented Armenian young medical professionals and medical students.
This organization is focused, but not limited, on providing support to regional medical centers in rural Armenia.
OUR CURRENT PROJECTS INCLUDE:
- HELPING WOUNDED CIVILIANS AND SOLDIERS AT THE BURN UNIT
- GROWING ADOPT-A REFUGEE/ ADOPT-ARMENIAN SOLDIER PROGRAM
- DEVELOPING TELEMEDICINE PHYSICAL THERAPY FOR THE WOUNDED SOLDIERS BY PHYSICAL THERAPISTS IN THE UNITED STATES
THE GOALS OF MEDARMENIAPHILANTHROPY ARE TO ASSIST WITH THE FOLLOWING:
- Basic Medical Supplies: gauze, disposable syringes, needles, wound care materials, etc
- More sophisticated equipment, including monitor, echocardiogram, ultrasound machine, etc
- Operating room equipment – including component of anesthesia unit, surgical trays, laparoscopic instruments.
B. Volunteer Physicians/ Providers from the United States- ranging from primary care physicians to specialists – to provide free care to the population of the region.
C. Working closely with the local physicians/ providers and administration of the regional center to establish continuity of the presence of volunteer physicians.
D. Scholarship Program: Bringing young Armenian physicians or medical students to the United States to shadow and gain experience in primary care or specialty. The duration will be from 3-12 months with paid monthly stipend, and with housing / utilities covered. Other expenses will include the travel expenses.
E. Assistance in renovation of the medical centers in Armenia starting with the Vardenis Medical Center with possibility of building / creating additions to it.
Our President, Dr. Maria Azizian
Dr. Azizian is originally from Armenia and comes from a family of physicians. Her grandfather was a trauma surgeon during World War II. He inspired his three children to go into medicine, as well. Dr. Azizian’s father, Dr. Koriun Azizian, became known as one of the best psychiatrists in Armenia in the field of neuroses.
Dr. Azizian immigrated to the United States as a teenager in 1990 enjoying living in New England ever since.
She is a general and trauma surgeon with an interest in oncology. Dr. Azizian specializes in bowel, breast, skin/ soft tissue and more.
Dr. Azizian is owner of private clinic Mindful Medical Care PC in Falmouth, MA.
Prior to creating MedArmeniaPhilanthropy, Dr. Azizian went on her first medical mission, that she had organized and self-financed, in May, 2018 where she performed minor cosmetic surgical excisions. That mission was very successful and inspired her to undertake a larger project.
Dr. Maria Azizian’s hobbies and interests include reading, listening to jazz music, traveling and flamenco dancing.
She resides in Falmouth with her husband, 3 children, 1 dog, 1 bunny, 1 guinea pig, and 1 hamster who looks like a white rat.
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Medical Licenses in the states of Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Vermont
- Member of American Medical Association, Massachusetts Medical Society
- Board Certified in General Surgery
- Undergraduate Education: BA (cum laude) Clark University, Worcester, MA (Biochemistry Major)
- Medical School: University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, VT
- Residency in General Surgery: University of Vermont College of Medicine at Fletcher Allen Hospital
Dr.Azizian works at Metrowest Hospitals in Massachusetts (Framingham Union and Leonard Morse, ) and she is affiliated with Falmouth Hospital in Falmouth, MA.